I play several instruments.
In fourth grade, I started taking violin lessons at school. I wanted guitar lessons, but my parents said I would have to finish a year of violin lessons first. I finished that year… and kept taking lessons through my junior year of college. I played in the school orchestra every year, and the university orchestra starting my senior year of high school. The violin is still by far my best instrument. The rush of adrenaline I get from finishing a hard piece without any mistakes is about the same as I might experience from getting a piece of code to finally work, or beating a level of a video game. It’s great.
In fifth grade, true to their word, my parents started me on guitar lessons. I only took them for about 3 years, but they got me a decent foundation. I still play, and I’m good enough to strum along with most songs, and screw around with a few more complicated things. I have a couple electric guitars, on which I play the first few bars of Smoke on the Water…
Beyond those, I’ve taught myself piano (I’m finally starting to understand the left hand bits!), harmonica, and I can bang out a sound of some sort from a trumpet or ukulele.
Now I want to go dig something out and play it. About 5 minutes into that my-calluses-are-gone finger pain, I’ll get over it.
1. What age did you learn to ride a bike?
2. Do you remember your first day of kindergarten? What was it like?
3. What was your first car? What did you love/hate about it?
4. Who is/are your hero(es)?
5. What is one of your favorite memories from your childhood?
6. Do you play an instrument? If not, what would you want to play if you could?
7. What’s something that’s on your “bucket list”?
8. What were you like in middle school? What were your clothing/music choices? (Around 12 years old.)
9. What is something adventurous you’d like to do someday?
10. Do you believe in anything “odd” – UFOs, ghosts, horoscopes, superstitions, etc.?
11. What’s something you’re interested in that no one really knows about or no one would really understand?
12. What’s your favorite nostalgic song? What does it remind you of?
13. If you could learn one new skill or pick up a new hobby, what would you like to do?
14. What’s your favorite book? Magazine?
15. What’s your religion/religious beliefs?
16. What are you going to name your children? Or, what are your favorite names in general?
17. Who was your childhood best friend? Do you still keep in touch?
18. Tell us your life philosophy?
19. Tell us a secret talent!
20. Create your own question and answer it!